So our weekend did not consist of much because Lauren was sick :(. Poor thing she was on the couch ALL weekend. It started Friday evening with a fever. I was out to dinner and a movie with friends and Mark said Lauren was on the couch under blankets complaining of feeling cold. I told him to check her temp, but it was fine. When I got home from the movies (I saw The Help and I highly recommend it) I went in to give her a kiss and she was burning up.
She woke up vomiting sometime early Saturday morning and the fevers continued off and on all day Saturday. I ran Addison all over town doing some errands and getting some last minute things ready for her party this weekend!
Lauren slept with me Saturday night because she was afraid she was going to throw up in bed again Saturday night...so lucky Mark he got to sleep on the couch. And I say lucky because he slept better than me!
Sunday morning I got a long run in (10 miles) even though I was pretty tired. Lauren tossed and turned most of the night and woke up scared a lot. She woke up with another fever Sunday morning.
Addison and I went to Sophie's baptism, and I got a few pictures before we left but I have not had a chance to upload them. Addison was an angel in church. I was very proud of her. After that we headed to my sister's house for lunch.
Lauren took a long nap. Almost 2 1/2 hours. I decided to run her in to the Dr's office, since they have Urgent Care hours on Sunday afternoons. I am glad I did because she ended up have Streph throat. Poor kid. I had no idea. She was so scared of getting the "alligator test" (swabbed for streph.) She absolutely hates it...and I don't blame her. I kept telling her I was not sure if she would need it or not. I kept telling her just to do what the DR. says and open her mouth wide so the DR. can take a good look at her throat. I also told her the DR. would check her eyes and her ears too.
The Dr. decided she would need to swab her for streph and Lauren did so awesome. She was so big and brave. The last time she was swabbed for streph and additional nurse had to come in to help me hold Lauren. She clinched her jaw so tight the Dr. had to pry it open to swab her and Lauren ended up being really sore from fighting us so much. I told her if she just listened and opened wide it would be better.
She just sat there, I did not have to hold her arms down. She opened wide and did not fight or cry at all! She said "it is because I am older now. I am not scared." Such a great kid. So Mark gets to spend Monday with her and I am sure she will be feeling much better by the afternoon.
Hopefully Addison will not pick it up since the big 3rd birthday party is this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment